Friday, August 29, 2008

Day 0

I just looked. I haven’t taken a step, turned a pedal, or taken a stroke with purpose since April 8, 2008.

I just looked. I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been in my life, by a significant margin.

I just looked. I don’t like what I see in the mirror. I don’t recognize that person.

I just looked. I considered signing up for Canada. I had a shot. I had the card in hand and everything ready to submit. I was one of the lucky ones that got through. I looked inside; there’s no way. I closed the page.

I just looked. It’s 91 degrees with a heat index of 98. HTFU.

I just looked. It was 11:45. Time to go for a run. 2.5 miles. No gadgets. Just shorts that fit differently. A shirt that isn’t as loose as it used to be and some shoes that have been missing me.

Day 0. August 28, 2008 11:45 AM. Time to start over.

M
ORN: 2.5 miles 28 minutes

4 comments:

:) said...

Congrats on the restart. Look forward to following along... :)

Run Kurt Run said...

Hell yeah man

Nancy Toby said...

Way to re-boot!

or

HTFU

Take your pick. :-)

trigimper said...

Run Fatboy Run !