Monday, September 8, 2008

A lazy weekend
















Well, it was lazy with respect to actually working out. I made it 7 days in a row. I kept to the same premise as before and added a little extra to each run. So Wednesday I made it 28:30 and Thursday was 29:01. The Thursday run was particularly good. We had a few mild mornings as a result of Gustav and a small northern front that made it through. The combination gave us some unseasonably dry and cool air in the mornings. It very nearly felt like fall, until about 3 in the afternoon, then it was time to get everyone inside and soak up the AC. Anyway, with those runs under my belt I spent Friday catching up on errands and work. My dad was coming down for the weekend. We had been planning to build a new run-in shed and hay storage in my front pasture for a while and with the need to store more hay, we needed to get it done. We spent all day Saturday and half a day Sunday building. It's not the same as running or cycling or swimming, but damn I'm sore. Particularly my hammerin hand. My wrist must be twice the size it should be. I guess sitting in front of a computer all day every day doesn't really prepare you for honest work. Anyway, we had a fruitful weekend and only have to shore up the stringers and add the metal. We should get that done in a couple of weeks. Then I get to move a bunch more hay. Oh boy.







Saturday night my dad and I went over to Fayetteville and played in a jam session over on the square. That is just a cool little town and we had a great time playing with some new folks. Here's a little video I did for a friend of mine, he sent it to me played on mandolin, I sent it back on fiddle. The tune is called Bonaparte's Retreat and I'm playing using an alternative tuning. This is a very old tune and style of playing.







No comments: